Tuesday, November 02, 2004

What Happened?

What happened to the youth vote and what happened to the war on terror being on the electorate's mind? These are two things that are unacceptable.

As I think about it, most of the 18-29 year olds that I know sit around and play video games all day. What was I thinking? Obviously the threat of conscription was not worth standing in line for an hour.

So much for this election being a referendum on the war in Iraq. Incredibly, exit polls are ranking morality over the economy and terrorism. This, if stands, will be my rallying point for the next four years. I can accept almost any argument in favor of voting for Bush or any Republican, but do not tell me Bush's perceived morality, bigotry towards homosexuals and whether a woman deserves the right to control her own body trumps whether we can lead the world or guarantee a safe and healthy life for our citizens.

I must tell you all that I'm not angry or really disappointed over the possible loss in this election. This is one of those times when everything seems very clear to me. Things are not right and I'm one of the few who need to fix it. Give me twenty years and I'll do it.

No comments: