Sunday, January 16, 2005

Damn That 'Extreme Makeover'!

What a weekend! Friday, I encountered so many bittersweet emotions with my last day of work. Saturday, I was deeply effected by Clint Eastwood’s likely Oscar winner, “Million Dollar Baby” and Sunday spent a nice day playing cards with some of my grandmother’s friends.

But damn that “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”! I was crying like a baby. The poor guy was accidentally shot and now is a paraplegic. His family's home a had holes in the walls from a contractor who swindled them. They built him not one, but two homes. Bo-hoo!

This show so overtly pounds away at your heart strings that it’s sickening. They couldn’t stop at just giving a deserving family a new home, but no, they had to throw the guy his own wedding, too!

I’m exhausted.