Thursday, May 26, 2005

Lupus 5K Run/Walk Highlights/Lowlights

Runtime Six Minutes Worse Than 2004

What can I say? Ever since the BALCO story broke late last year I haven't been able to get my hands on the juice. My time of 40 minutes, 41 seconds was nearly six minutes worse than last year when a 12-year-old Chinese girl whooped me by 12 minutes.

I will say this, though, at least I beat my cousin.

Despite the poor showing, the event was again a success for the Lupus Foundation of Northern California. This was our third consecutive year at the run and it has slowly gained more participants and greater exposure in the media. I hope to see more of you next year.

Also: It's now become a tradition to celebrate Suzie's memory with these type of events; the Lupus walk/run in May, a small dinner to remember her passing in July and, of course, the Portugal vs. Mexico softball game for her birthday in August. Tentatively, the game is scheduled for Saturday, August 20th. Mark your calendars, sports fans!

Suzao's Lupus Walkers & Runners
The Family at the 11th Annual 5K Walk/Run for Lupus in Saratoga. Pictured left to right: Erica, Lucius, Claudia, Vanessa, Milton, Milton Jr., Patrick, Steve, Marianne.

Down the Stretch
Down the stretch: Milton struggles to keep up with Stevao. I had a doobie in my back pocket to give him inspiration.

Shoulda had a V-8
I gave it all I had. Actually, I walked about half of the 3.1 miles, but saved my energy for a quick burst at the end to, you know, make it look heroic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »